Everyone likes a little sweet in their jerky. This sorghum jerky recipe is the best combination of sweet and smokey.
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds flank steak or lean beef
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 oz sorghum syrup
- 1 tablespoon chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
1. Trim the flank steak of any excess fat, place in a zip-top bag, and place it in the freezer for 1 to 2 hours in order to firm up.
2. Remove the steak from the freezer and thinly slice the meat with the grain, into long strips.
3. Place the strips of meat along with all of the remaining ingredients into a large, 1-gallon plastic zip-top bag and move around to evenly distribute all of the ingredients. Place the bag into the refrigerator for 3 to 6 hours.
4. Remove meat from marinade, squeezing out excess moisture and pat dry with paper towels.
5. Follow instructions on your dehydrator to thoroughly dehydrate the jerky, or use oven settings at lowest heat to completely dry out the strips.